“Personal Data” is any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Who we are
EfVET is a unique European-wide professional association which has been created by and for providers of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in all European countries. Its mission is to champion and enrich technical and vocational education and training through transnational co-operation by building a pan-European network of institutions.
EfVET organized once per year its Annual Conference, as is the sole responsible for the data processing.
Information we collect and how we use it
a. Information we collect directly from you
- Registration for EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Annual Conference 2018. We collect Personal Data from those people who would like to attend EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Annual Conference 2018 and they express so by filling the registration form. This Personal Data includes name and surname, institution, EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Membership, Email, Postal address, city, country. We use this information to proceed your registration to EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Annual Conference 2018.
- Information and updates. We may also use your name and surname, institution, EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Membership, Email, Postal address, city, country to contact you about EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Annual Conference 2018 last updates: speakers’ confirmations, programme, updates on the programme.
- Contact us. You may provide us with Personal Data when you communicate with us via the Site.
Information we collect automatically
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How we disclose your information
- We may share your Personal Data within EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training to which it is reasonably necessary or desirable for us to disclose your Personal Data in order to carry out the above-mentioned purposes.
- We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers who provide services on our behalf. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Data as part of providing services to us.
- Your registration information as a participant may be disclosed to other participants in the context of EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training Annual Conference 2018 (e.g. participant list)
- We may preserve and disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoenas, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your Personal Data that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorised under applicable law.
Links to other websites
The Site contains links to third-party websites which are not managed by EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training. Any Personal Data you provide on third-party websites is subject to those third-parties’ privacy policies. We are not responsible for the practices and policies of such third-party websites.
We use organisational and technical security measures that are designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, or any other unlawful form of processing.
How long do we retain your data
Your personal data will be deleted 12 months following the end of the event.
If you would like to update the Personal Data provided when registering as a participant on the Site, please write an email to email@example.com.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and have the Personal Data blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You also may have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data and withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time. The right to access Personal Information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. Please note that you may not be able to benefit from all features of the Site if you request the deletion of your Personal Data, object or withdraw your consent to the processing your Personal Data.
You may unsubscribe from our communications via the means provided in the communications we send or by contacting us as indicated below.
If you would like to exercise your rights or withdraw your consent, please contact us by the means provided at the conclusion of this Policy.
Personal data breaches
In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, if a personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we will communicate the personal data breach to the data subject as soon as possible via email.
How to contact us
EfVET – European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training AISBL is the entity responsible for Personal Data collected on the Site. If you would like to exercise your rights or if you have questions regarding the Personal Data we collect, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
40 Rue d’Arlon
1000 Brussels, Belgium